When looking over our product offerings, have you ever looked at a 100 East Fine Jewelry bracelet and thought, ‘I really like that bracelet, but how do I know it will fit?” Here’s how we help you reduce the guesswork:
- Below, we describe a technique to help you determine your ideal bracelet length based on your current wrist circumference and preferred comfort level.
- We also provide information on our website’s Product Detail sheets, which when taking into account your ideal bracelet length, can help you decide if our bracelet is a good fit.
Because every person is different, we can’t provide 100% assurance that by following our instructions our bracelet will fit the way you like, but at minimum we can dramatically reduce uncertainty. If you're not happy after receiving the item, keep in mind our 30 day satisfaction guarantee policy. It is extremely important that you familiarize yourself with this policy before purchasing any of our products.
After reading this blog, feel free to check out and purchase any of our fine gemstone bracelets.
CAN I MEASURE A BRACELET I ALREADY OWN THAT FITS WELL?
We don’t recommend this, because measuring an existing proper-fitting bracelet can potentially be misleading. What may appear to be a slight style difference between your existing bracelet and ours can possibly affect fit. We feel that starting with your actual wrist measurement and adjusting for fit preference, gives the best estimate of your ideal bracelet length. Follow these 3 steps:
STEP 1: MEASURE YOUR WRIST.
Tools required: paper and pen and:
- either a flexible tape (like a tailor or seamstress uses - see above picture) or, if you don’t have that,
- an 8 ½ X 11 sheet of paper, scissors and a ruler
Where to measure:
- on the arm you plan to wear the bracelet
- over the wrist bone, the largest part of the wrist.
Your measurement can be in inches or millimeters, whichever you prefer.
- Using a flexible tape, if you have one.
- Wrap the flexible tape snuggly around the wrist bone until the tape begins to overlap. CAUTION: Many flexible tapes are designed with a blank section at the end. Make certain you start your measurement at the “0” point or where the hash marks begin.
- Record the measurement. This is your wrist size.
- Using a strip of paper and a ruler if you don’t
have a flexible tape. NOTE: Don’t use string, it stretches and can give a false
- Cut a ¼ to ½ inch wide strip in the long direction of the 8 ½ X 11 sheet of paper
- Wrap the paper strip snuggly around the wrist bone until the paper begins to overlap.
- Mark the paper where it overlaps
- Use the ruler to measure the length from the starting edge of the paper to the mark
- Record the measurement. This is your wrist size.
STEP 2: USE YOUR WRIST SIZE MEASUREMENT FROM STEP 1 TO DETERMINE IDEAL BRACELET LENGTH.
Once you know your wrist size, the next step is to calculate your ideal bracelet length. The key to this step is to decide what feels most comfortable to you. Do you like your bracelet snug, loose or somewhere in between? Remember, the looser the bracelet, the farther it will move up and down your forearm and hang onto your hand.
To your wrist size measurement from step 1, add the amount shown depending on your desired comfort level:
Preferred fit inches to add mm to add
Snug fit ¼ inch 7 mm
Comfort fit ½ inch 13 mm
Loose fit 1 inch 26 mm
Example: Let’s say in step 1 you measured your wrist size as 6 ½ inches, or 164 mm. Based on your personal fit preference, here are the approximate ideal bracelet lengths for you:
Preferred fit length in inches length in mm
Snug fit 6 ¾ inches 171 mm
Comfort fit 7 inches 177 mm
Loose fit 7 ½ inches 190 mm
STEP 3: USE THE 100 EAST FINE JEWELRY WEBSITE’S PRODUCT DETAIL INFORMATION AND YOUR IDEAL BRACELET LENGTH TO DECIDE IF THAT PARTICULAR BRACELET IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU
Navigate to the Product Detail sheet for the particular bracelet you’re interested in. You can do this by clicking or touching the bracelet picture to View Details. This takes you to the Product Detail sheet. Scrolling down into the Description section of the page you will see BRACELET INFORMATION. This section describes the bracelet in general such as metal type, total carat weight of the gemstones, etc. The 2 key pieces of information you’ll want to hone in on are:
- Wearable length – this is the bracelet’s inner circumference when it’s latched shut.
- Resizing – whether or not the bracelet can be resized.
Compare the wearable length presented on the website to your calculated ideal bracelet length based on preferred fit and decide if you have a match. You’ll have to decide how rigidly to adhere to your calculated length versus preferred length. Using the information from the above example, if your calculated ideal length based on a comfort fit is 7 inches (177 mm) and we state the wearable length is 7 1/8 inches (180 mm), you have to decide:
- If we state resizing is not possible, will the extra 1/8 inch (3 mm) on the bracelet’s length make a significant difference in your comfort? You certainly can call us to discuss.
- If we state that re-sizing is possible, then you can call and ask us to help you understand the details of what resizing the bracelet entails. Based on that discussion, you can decide if resizing is an acceptable solution.
If you conclude the bracelet we have in stock just isn’t a good fit, but you really like the design, another option is to contact us to see if we can make a bracelet of similar design to your calculated ideal bracelet length.