Gemstone, Mother of Pearl and Vermeil (Sterling Silver & 22 kt Yellow Gold Accents) Necklace
The playful design of this necklace embraces flowers blooming in the cool, hidden recesses of mountain meadows as daylight wanes and the purple twilight of dusk yields to night. Leafy vines unfurl in a spiral of sterling silver and 22 kt yellow gold accents. Moonlight entices your eyes as it reflects off the dark rose carved into the iridescence of the black mother of pearl and it shimmers off the flowers of amethyst, garnet, prasiolite, peridot, prehnite and quartz nestled among the delicate, shiny leaves. Check out the matching bracelet to complete your outfit!
Gordon’s Design Notes: I wanted to gain experience with consumer response to sterling silver jewelry, but was reluctant to create my own line right now. I decided, instead, to start by offering a few products from an existing company. It had to be the right product and company, though. After some research, I learned about Michou, who specializes in ‘art to wear’ for every occasion. Her vermeil jewelry is sterling silver with 22 kt yellow gold accents and contains natural gemstones. Her exceptional contemporary designs fit perfectly with my vision for sterling silver and gemstone jewelry.
Stock Number: N-7
Metal: vermeil (925 sterling silver with 22 kt yellow gold electroplated accents)
Clasp Style: S hook style
Wearable Length: 19 inches
Thickness (maximum): 6 mm (approx. ¼ inch)
Piece weight (gms): 22.0 gms
Total carat weight (TCW) piece: 2.88 cts (excluding the black mother of pearl rose)
COLORED STONE INFORMATION:
Number, species or variety, color and treatments/enhancements of colored stones:
- 3 pcs; quartz; very pale purple to colorless; natural gemstone untreated
- 2 pcs; peridot; medium yellowish green; natural gemstone untreated
- 1 pc; garnet; medium purplish red; natural gemstone untreated
- 1 pc; prasiolite (greened quartz); very light green to white color; natural gemstone heated or irradiated (See the Special Care information under the Special Considerations Section, above.)
- 1 pc; black mother of pearl; black and grey with pearlescence; natural untreated (See the Special Care information under the Special Considerations Section, above.)
- 1 pc; amethyst; light purple color; natural gemstone heated
- 1 pc; mystic fire quartz; medium blue; natural quartz with a surface coating (see Special Note, below)
SPECIAL NOTE: A mystic fire quartz gemstone gets its color and iridescent effect through a process known as surface coating. In this treatment, a coating material is vaporized and introduced to the gemstone in a vacuum environment where a thin layer adheres, creating amazing colors and effects. Surface modification is not considered permanent. Refer to the Special Care information under the Special Considerations Section, above.
Total carat weight (TCW) of colored stones: 2.88 cts